2008년 4월 21일 월요일

A Present on Children's Day.

I took my kids to Jeonju zoo yesterday. There were so many families with kids. People there looked very happy having fun with their family. There are many places for children to play at these days. Looking back on my children days, my playground was mostly at school or around my house. Still I had fun with my friends. But on Children's Day I was a little bit sad. I didn't get any presents from my parents on the day. I envied the friends who got some presents from their family. My daughter is at the age of begining to know what a gift or present is. I want to give her a present which she would cherish in her life on the Children's Day.
What would you recommend?

댓글 5개:

Joey :

Hi, Liz!

Except you, noone makes question today. You know, during weekend, I cannot use my computer because my wife's home has no line for internet, so I have to make some comments Monday to Thursday.
Anyway, I'm sorry. Your question is difficult for me. That's because I have never been given any present, any event and any special food like eating out on Children's Day. It seemed to be my family's custiom.
And my daughter is very young, So I don't think about that.
Liz, How about asking your daughter what she wants? In my memory, before Christmas day, my parents used to ask me and prepared some present. So I was mostly happy because I got what I wanted.

익명 :

I considerably agree with Joey. When it comes to present, I think it should be what the receiver could be fully satisfied with. And asking could be the best way.
However, as for kids, there is another pleasure and thrill to wait for the unexpected gift from their parents for their special day. So, it might be better this time to keep it secret and prepare some surprise gift. Then, what's for the gift... Even though I am still single without kids, I had a lot kids of my friends around me. I gave them presents sometimes.
I found that they are really excited with the dolls or toys in a fad at the present. Or I have a special interest and liking in watches, so I want to recommend you to buy a fancy watch. You can find a lot of interesting, charming and cute watches in "Swatch" brand. I'm not advertising that brand with intention. It's just a recommendation 'cause I could see many good items there and I think she could keep it until she are elementary schoolers or secondary schoolers *^^*

Sammy :

Hi, Liz,
What a mother!
You always think of your children.
I was too, but not now. Strange?
Anyhow, children's preference is easily changed.
The #1 rule is;Never buy expensive ones
#2;Ask your children, or take them to a mart and carefully watch what they show their interest in.

Jessica :

Hi Liz
I want to recommend you that you give bank books to your children.
I think they need to learn economic education since 5 years old. And another thing is you prepare cute pet or flowering plant. I think that'll help your children' emotion.

Nicole :

Hi Liz,
I don't have kids but I see my sister's kids having so much fun when they do simple things like go to the neighborhood park or play a game at the kitchen table. They also have a lot of fun helping to make some cookies or even preparing dinner together.