2008년 3월 24일 월요일

Back to my school days.

When I was a high school girl, I liked history best. History was a container of a lot of exciting stories to enjoy for me, not a bunch of things to memorize. My history teacher was an excellent story teller. I always waited for the history class. So I wanted to become a history teacher, which my father was against. I used to visit historical places aross the nation every week before my children were born. When they get older enough to take care of themselves, I'd like to take them to the many places related with history.

Which subject did you like best in your school days?
Why?

댓글 8개:

Sammy :

Hi, Liz
I liked technology, social studies, and commerce. I was fond of making something or fixing electronic goods. So I want to go industrial technology high school, but my parents didn't agree.
I liked social studies as well. I'm really interested in politics, government, and geography. Actually I want to go to the Dept. of public administration. Even now if I can become a teachder of Social Studies, I'm sure I'll be a good teacher.^^

Joey :

Hi, Liz!
I also liked history, The world history more than The history of Korea. I guss that was because I could complete a big frame for the image of people and place in history. Is it interesting, the more we learn history, the better we understand our society? So I love it now.

익명 :

I liked geology most. It was because I liked my social study teachers in my school days. As girls, we very often tend to be affected by the teacher of the subject to do a good job in it and to have a preference to it. As a 3rd grader in high school, we had to study at least 4 subcategorized items in social study. Geology was one of them. At first, It looked kind of boring, but once I had digged into the subject, it turned out to be so easy and interesting. It required us to do a considerable amount of memorization but I could absorb the knowledge in the systematic and logically-organized way. I liked it a lot. Now I realize again that the momentary choice exerts the eternal influence on my life...I should have not decided to be an English teacher*^^* It would be much better to be a geology teacher who is so good at English....kk

Unknown :

I really liked politics and sociology. I wanted to be both a judge and a politician. But my mother opposed to my opinion because being a judge needs much time and effort. I was always a leader among whichever group I joined. I liked to decide and negotiate some problem. But my politics teacher was a very boring person. Every student slept during that class except for me.HaHa

genius :

I really liked politics and sociology. I wanted to be both a judge and a politician. But my mother opposed to my opinion because being a judge needs much time and effort. I was always a leader among whichever group I joined. I liked to decide and negotiate some problem. But my politics teacher was a very boring person. Every student slept during that class except for me.HaHa

Jessica :

Hi,Liz!
I liked biology becouse I liked that subject teacher. At that time I had no reason that I liked him. He was not handsome, not tall, not gentle. Just he had strong passion about the teaching and unmarried Now, although he passed away long time ago, sometimes I miss him.

uniland21 :

Hi, Liz. I'm Hans.
My favorite was also history. I did'n choose history as my major.
That's because I thought that history is interesting but not so much useful to human's lives. How stupid I was! I regret my choice about major. Foreign language is much more useless than history.

Nicole :

Hi Liz,
Your childhood reflection is quite lovely.
I think that I enjoyed every subject in school but my favorite had more to do with how much I liked the teacher. Like you, I enjoyed teachers who loved teaching.